Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1992 11:07:24 -0500
What is it about Eau Claire?  They beat us on our ice in December, tie on
theirs, and since then Point has been HOT while they have been cold.  Last
night they looked great; fortunately, not great enough.

UWSP POINTERS           3       0       0       1  -  4
EAU CLAIRE BLUGOLDS     3       0       0       0  -  3

Wierd, bizarre, strange - how do I describe this contest?  Fletemeyer for
Point got only his second goal of the season with a slap shot from the point
at only 00:22 and Caufield followed with an unassisted short-hander at 02:57.
This was looking good.  Then EC followed with 3 unanswered power plays until
Point tied it on the power play at 19:42.  After that, no scoring in periods
two and three.  Crazy.  Chin, in goal for Point, did not have a good
percentage game.  He allowed 3 goals in 6 shots on goal.  Point outshot EC 35
to 19 for the game.

We won in OT with another goal by Caufield standing in the right slot when he
got a nice pass from behind the goal from Cirone.

The only other thing of note was a game DQ and 5 min. major by Lintner of EC
for butt-ending.

For the next 24 hours (at least until UW-Superior plays tonight) Point is back
on top in the NCHA!  We play EC at EC on Saturday.

Tom Rowe                              Internet: [log in to unmask]
Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation
          Henry Kissinger