From:
"Mike Hatz" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Jan 1992 10:57:20 -0500
I'd have to agree with Mark Grassel about unrealistic expectations and the
1980 Olympics.  I was a sophomore in high school and will never forget the
excitement or pride I felt when the US team beat the Soviets.  But in all
honesty, I think it was a fluke.  The right folks at the right place at the
right time.  Not taking anything away from the team or coach.  If the
olympics would have been 1 week earlier or two weeks later, the results might
have been different.  I think we feel ALL of our hockey teams should repeat the
1980 performance and we horribly criticize the '84 and '88 teams because they
"let us down".  We need to just sit back with a beer and watch how goes, noting
both the good and the bad.  They'll do the best they can and lets hpe they kick
some ass. ;-)

Mike Hatz