From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 12:38:23 -0500
Even though Lake Superior eliminated Miami last night,
I would just like to congratulate Miami's Chuck Thuss on a great year.
I don't fully know his story at Miami, but I am under the impression that
he is a good example of someone who put in a lot of hard work for a
number of years and was finally rewarded with a great senior season.
In previous years I don't believe he played much (if any) behind Richard
Shulmistra, Deschambeau(sp?), and Cannon.  But this year he got the chance to
play and proved to be one of the conferences best goalies.  Going by stats
I have seen, he faced quite a few shots this year but had an excellent GA%
and save%.  I believe he was a key reason why a somewhat low scoring Miami
team was able to advance to this game.
Last night was a good example of his play this year.  Miami was outshot
BADLY (an understatment?) and yet, due to Chuck's brilliant play they
were able to tie early in the third at 2-2.  Shots at this point were about
40-10 in favor of the Lakers.
Anyway, congrats again to Thuss.

Dave Naghski

(PS - if I have made any great errors in the above information, maybe someone
from Miami can correct me of fill in the details.  However, I'm sure they
would agree with the general sentiment of this post)