From:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Hendrickson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Mar 1995 10:15:59 EST
Could someone comment on whether there is a consolation game in the CCHA?
This could very much determine an NC$$ berth.  Here's the scenario.  Let's
say that Michigan beats Lake Superior and Michigan State beats Bowling Green
in the semis.  Without making the calculations, I would guess that the winner
of an LSSU-BG consolation game would probably go to the NC$$ tourney and the
loser would stay home.  There are probably still too many variables, but I
think we could have a consolation game that in some ways means more than the
championship game itself.

All this, of course, assumes that a consolation game is played.

DaveH