From:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kurt Stutt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Dec 1994 15:51:25 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Ralph N. Baer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>Let me first state how appreciative I am over all of the reports about
>the RPI-Union game over the weekend.  However, I had to chuckle over
>the following three extracts from Hockey-L messages:
>

>Anonymous Hockey-L writer number 1 wrote:
>
>        Yet lightning struck at the 19:19 mark with Jeff Matthews
>        shooting the puck into the net from a group standing in front
>        of Gallant.  Hamelin assisted on the game winner.
>
>Anonymous Hockey-L writer number 2 wrote:
>
>        19:19  RPI-Mathews (unassisted)
>
>Anonymous Hockey-L writer number 3 wrote:
>
>        7) RPI, Matthews 2 (O'Connor) 19:19
>

>So, who did get the assist on RPI's game winning goal?  :-)
>

>Ralph Baer
>RPI '68, '70, '74

As Anonymous Hockey-l Writer #2, I'll admit my mistake.

The assist should have gone to Jeff O'Connor.  Apparently, during the
joyous celebration when the goal was scored, the assist was not recorded
properly on our score sheet, which I in turn used to type my post.  (No,
I did not keep the scoresheet.)

Sorry about that.

Kurt Stutt