From:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Schneller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Dec 1994 18:03:31 -0400
New Hampshire 8 at Providence 2, Saturday Dec 3

Box score (unofficial)

Referrees - Fitzgerald, B. Fowkes
Linesman  - Good

UNH  3-2-3=8
PC   0-1-1=2

First Period
NH1   4:06 Poole(3)(Flinton)
      7:43 PC Breen - charging
NH2   8:32 Royal(5)(Flinton, Schmidtke) PPG
     11:52 PC Quennville - Tripping
NH3  14:16 Sullivan(7)(Boguneicki)GWG

Second Period
NH4    :26 Flinton(7)(Schnidtke, Royal)
      4:47 NH Sullivan - Tripping
     11:30 PC Mader - Interference
     12:30 NH Russell - Interference
NH5  15:29 Poole(4)(Royal)
PC1  16:07 Breen(4)(Hulbig)

Third Period
       :16 NH #21
PC2   1:00 Kramer(9)(Quenneville, Burke)PPG
NH6   3:36 Muir(2)(Poole,Mower)
      4:04 PC Mader - Slashing
NH7   8:32 Hall(4)(Sullivan, Pleau)
     16:39 Rowe - Cross-check
NH8  18:24 Pleau(7)(Mowers, #12)PPG
     19:45 NH Royal Hooking

Shots on Goal
UNH 16-10- 8=34
PC   2- 9- 6=17

Power Plays
UNH 2 of 5
PC 1 of 4

Goalies Cavicchi, UNH; Dennis, PC

Attendance - not given

Frinds of Friar Hockey Stars of the Game
1 Royal 1-3-4
2 Poole 2-0-2
3 Flinton 1-2-3

Comments:
Over the past several weeks PC has shown noticeable
improvement and coming home after a shootout win the
night before at UNH I expected more of the same.  Boy,
was I disappointed.  I wish I could say the Friars were
tired or flat, but that would not be telling the truth.
This game they just outright stunk.

UNH went up early and often and the game was over
before the first period ended.  The Cats beat PC to
every puck and made the Friars look like they were
skating on snowshows.  Other than a 2 minute flurry
late in the second, and other brief signs of life early
in the third, PC showed nothing.  They neither
forechecked nor backchecked. Dennis had no chance on
several early goals and let in several soft ones after
his defensemen abandoned him. Kramer and Quenneville,
the heart and soul of the team were nearly invisible.
This was by far the teams worst home outing of the
season.

Missing from the Friar lineup was Scott Balboni who
anchors the blueline and who certainly could have been
used.  No word on what his injury might be.

Note to Ron C: You had me wishing I was at the Civic
Center.

-- Bill