From:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matt Wickey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 1994 10:20:19 -0500
>From: Andrew Rapoff <[log in to unmask]>
>The inclusion of St. Louis in the all time records list got me to
>thinking about the former coach of the late St. Louis University
>Hockey Team.  I believe after SLU disbanded, Coach Bill Selmen went
>to North Dakota.  By the way, SLU used to have a good holiday hockey
>tournament (holiday is correct, I believe):  one year, Harvard played
>in the championship game, and I saw goalie Joe Bertangna make an
>incredible glove save.  Anyway, as I skate down memory slot, where's
>Selmen now?  Isn't Joe Bertangna an assistant somewhere?

My freshman year at Lake Superior (82 - 83) Bill Selmen was the head coach.
I'm not sure how long he had been there but I think not long.  He
left during that season, I believe to take a sports marketing position
with Anheiser (sp) Busch. He was replaced by Frank Anzalone who took us
to our first national championship and who was later replaced by Jeff
Jackson.  I'm not positive this is the same Bill Selmen you are talking
about but it seems reasonable.

Matt Wickey
LSSU '86
Go LAKERS!