From:
Rick Scero <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 08:17:54 EST
*Message:
From: SCERO at OLEC
Date: 11/8/94 7:59AM
To: INTERNET:[log in to unmask] at OCF_INFORM
Subject: Re: Question about behavior
Contents:
Just another 2 cents worth of info on this topic.....

In Sylvania, Ohio where I coach a Squirt Travel Hockey team, they passed a law
this year that allows for fans to be charged with a misdemeanor for behavior at
sporting events.  A fan/parent can be arrested and charged for conduct which is
abusive and unsportsmanlike in nature.  They came up with the law to try and
tone down the behavior of fans and parents, (sorry, but parents are probably the
worst and young kids games) which has caused fights in the stands, rink lobbies,
parking lots, etc.  I'll try and get the abbreviated version of the law as it
was printed in the paper a couple of weeks ago and post it if anyone is
interested.

Rick