From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Oct 1994 18:47:09 -0400
Well, in a few more days we'll actually have some hockey to discuss.
But, just a few comments.
I would agree with previous posts that the Latendresse
situation is another example
of an athlete getting hurt because of sleeping administrators.  It is clear
that this eleigibility question can be discussed (by us) for hours but
the compliance officer should have been able to get the question answered by
the NCAA much quicker.  That is, the possible problem should have been
recognized and the course of action plotted.

As to the question of when Latendresse would have had to sit out and if this
could cause problems:  It seems a couple of years ago the UNLV basketball
team essentially got to choose when it would be convenient for them to serve
their penalty.  This infraction seems much less serious and hopefully there
would be nothing as drastic as a forteiture of a championship for Maine.(but of
course there was alot of money at stake for the NC$$ if UNLV had sat out that
tournament) (what, me cynical?)

dave naghski