From:
Chris Paine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Paine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 1994 08:47:14 EDT
    One major omission from the CCHA broadcasts is games at Lake Superior.
PASS doesn't bother going up there because, as I understand, it's a long
way from downstate and they're afraid of getting stranded there by bad
weather (almost always a possibility during hockey season in Sault Sainte
Marie).  They've gone to other places in the past, but I think the big reason
why MSU and U-M make it on so much is that they pull in the viewers, and it's
all about ratings.
   As for the Ferris-MSU thing, I attended State for 7 years and couldn't
figure out why Ferris wins more than their share of those matchups.  Some
teams just do well against certain other teams-- it happens all the time.
I don't think it's because State doesn't take Ferris seriously enough (how
could they not?).  Maybe it's physical play, but State has done as well as
almost anyone against the Lakers (and they're tough too) and still doesn't
perform well against the Bulldogs now that they have more size than they
did a few years back.  I only wish Ferris had the same effect on Michigan.

--Chris Paine
MSU '90, '93, UK ???