From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 1994 09:30:15 -0400

> > listing of the 2-time opponents.  All are two game sets.
> >
> > Alaska-Anchorage     Minnesota (H), Wisconsin (H)
>
> Let me be the first to predict that this will hurt UAA's "strength of schedule
   "
> component of their RPICH (and other) ratings.  (Why wait 'til next spring to
> fret about it!  :-) ) I find it a little surprising that the schedule would be
> set up so that any team avoids full series with the two most consistently stro
   ng
> teams in the league the same year.  If UAA were to win that gorgeous trophy**
> after playing a schedule like that, expect considerable griping!

However, wouldn't it be true that, if you had this schedule last year, and
had Minnesota scheduled early in the year when you could beat them, that,
by the end of the season it would HELP your strength of schedule?

(as Pam says, why wait til next year to discuss this 'strength of schedule'
thing! :)

dave naghski