From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 25 Jul 1994 18:18:45 -0400
With all the talk about the ECAC and tv, I was reminded of the
following which happened recently.

Hockey East signed a 5-year contract with NESN for the broadcast of
regular season and tournament HE games.  This agreement will bring the
partnership between the two to 15 years total by the end of the
1998-99 season.

I do not know yet if some of the rumored plans, such as a Sunday
afternoon game on NESN, will take place, but I did notice that
the Sun Feb 12 Merrimack @ Maine game has been set for 4:00 pm.  That
would be consistent with the plan as I heard it, which was to try to
attract fans with Sunday afternoon games once football season was over
(i.e. after the Super Bowl).

I have heard that HE would like to make the Sunday afternoon game a
weekly thing and make the game available for broadcast nationally.
That may be the reason for the 4:00 start, so that it could be shown
on the West Coast live at 1 pm.
<<<<< Color Voice of the Merrimack Warriors (station TBA for 94-95) >>>>>