From:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Naghski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 1994 11:04:47 -0500
It is a shame that most of the discussion on the list is about whether or
not Maine should or should not be penalized.  As Tony mentioned earlier,
it would be alot more fun to talk about hockey!!
But...I had to ask this question.  Alot has been said about the Maine
situation being unfair to the players or team.  Isn't it true that most
suspensions are unfair to the same?  Even in cases of more flagrant
violations, it seems its only a handful of players involved and the whole
team suffers.  At SMU was the ENTIRE team getting payments from boosters
(or whatever the death penalty was for)?  I would suspect there were alot
of guys who did nothing and were still looking to transfer the next year
to play football.
I guess it could be argued that in Maine's case NO players actually benefitted
from the violations but....
Anyway, I'm just curious about other viewpoints of this idea of unfairness.

Back to hockey

Dave Naghski