Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 1992 11:27:43 -0500
Sender:
From:
Michael Clayton Alpert <[log in to unmask]>
 Keith Reynolds <reynoldk%UNVAX.UNION.EDU> writes:

> As far as the fight that Jim mentioned but did not know the
> cause, a Union student was dressed up in costume, including a full-head mask,
> and was running around the stands attempting the get the Union Faithful
> cheering. But, when he ran by the RPI band, he was immediately assaulted by a
> band member and a huge fracas ensued.

NOT!!!!
This isn't even close.. next time get your facts straight!
I am a member of the RPI band, who was right there in the thick of it all,here's
 what really happened:

The goofball in the costume ( mask and no shirt ) ran up in front of us while
we were playing a tune..  ( don't remember which one ) and started to dance.
He then reached out, and started to pat/caress? the band members ( male ) in
the front row of our band.  They objected, and he pushed one of them.  He was
then flattened by about 4 or 5 band members at once.  One member of the band
and the fool that started the whole conflict were removed from the arena.

That is what happened.   He was not 'immediately asaulted' by the band, as
Mr. Reynolds here implied, he began the whole situation.

 Michael C. Alpert 	Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute   Go Engineers!!!
 [log in to unmask] 		Pep Band -> T'Bone	 	 '94