Sender:
From:
MR ADAM C WODON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 1996 15:12:32 EST
-- [ From: Adam Wodon * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

> So I ask Mr. Wodon to keep that in mind....because last
> year after Princeton knocked Brown out of the ECAC
> quarters.....nobody was a bigger Tiger fan than myself.
> So much like that Pepsi commercial were the two dudes are
> sittin' in a coffee shop givin' eachother wierd
> looks....as long as the Cola has an IVY LEAGUE emblem
> flying in the arenas, all is good in America.  And Adam, I
> wont throw you out of the window either....CW

Well, I appreciate it, though I don't think the sentiment is shared by
some of your comrades.<G>

I happen to agree with you 100% and more, if that's possible. Anyone
who knows me, knows that once the season ends for my team, I'm rooting
for all the other Ivies first (Cornell especially), then the other ECAC
teams (Clarkson especially) and then all the Hockey East teams.
    This comes from a New Yorker (does that surprise anyone) who is a
die-hard Islanders fan, yet roots for the Devils and Rangers in the
postseason -- some people think I'm nuts, but since moving out of NY, I
find myself feeling attached to anything from there.

    This holds true even for Brown <G> and always has. And even though
I disliked some of the RPI player's attitudes last year, and felt
especially that many RPI fans overrated Mike Tamburro, and that many
RPI fans couldn't accept that Princeton beat them 9-2 at Baker Rink
(anything else? <G>) - I still rooted heavily for RPI once they
advanced to the NCAA Tournament.

    Unfortunately, as one of only two people who comes to Princeton's
defense, people think they are often free on this list to rip the
Tigers whenever they want.

    I largely stay out of the discussion, but I can't stay out of it
when there are those who spread mischaracterizations about the Tigers --
and the only ones who do that, it seems, are those from Brown.  Not all,
obviously, because there are people that have written me privately that
are very nice --
   I'm not going to get into the whole debate again, because I'll only
get hate mail again anyway, but there are some irrational people who
refuse to accept certain facts, and are the pot calling the kettle
black.

   I've said it a million times and I'll say it again - I think Gaudet
is a great coach of X's and O's and of motivation and he wholly
deserved Coach of the Year. And he's always been nice to me (though
probably not anymore after all the harping on this) -- but I don't like
his ref-baiting tactics that clearly go over the line, and seem to
filter down to the players on the ice and, often, the fans as well. And,
instead of appreciating Princeton's improvement when they finally won
at Brown last year then finally won a quarterfinal series, many Brown
fans took to putting them down with comments that were way off base.

   That's my opinion -- flame all you want -- but I'll still root for
Brown in the postseason.

AW