Sender:
From:
Sean Pickett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 1994 18:40:44 -0500
Responding to msg by [log in to unmask] (Tony
Buffa) on

> My apolgies to Mike and others for perhaps a word
>misused... I did not  mean to imply that other schools
>don't have high standards, but let's face  it, playing
>in a league with mostly state supported schools is a
>lot  different than playing in a league which is more
>selective.

Tony, you really have foot-in-mouth disease today.  Hockey East
has nine member schools.  Five of the 9 (over fifty percent)
are *private*: Boston University, Boston College, Merrimack
College, Northeastern University and Providence College.  Until
UMass-Amherst joined this year it was 5-to-3 private-to-public.
 Furthermore, of the 5 schools who founded Hockey East 4 are
private: BU, BC, NU and PC.

Sean Pickett     -     Go BU Terriers, 1994 Hockey East
Champions!