Sender:
From:
Wayne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 1994 11:59:47 EDT
Jeffrey said, in part ...
>How could the NCAA possibly require that a student-athlete carry at least
>24 credits per year towards their *major*?  That would require a minimum
>of 96 credits in one's major by the time one graduates, if one graudates
>on time.  Isn't it much more likely that the NCAA rule requires 24 credits
>per year that count towards the *degree*?

   Both are correct in terms of *degree*.  During the first two years,
   the rule doesn't apply, so we're talking about the second two years.
   During those latter years, the only courses counted by the NCAA are
   those that count toward the program of study.  For example, let's say
   I declare Computer Science as my major.  This program of study has a
   requirement for a college of business course.  A business course
   (that meets the CS major requirements) counts as a course in the
   "program of study".

I'd better stop talking, I'm running out of prepared "gems" :-)

Wayne Smith
The College Hockey Discussion List administrator
Systems Group - CAPS              BITNET/CREN:  wts@maine
University of Maine System        internet:     [log in to unmask]

LISTSERV Gem: File Update Inform (FUI)
LISTSERV can tell you when a file in the HOCKEY-L archives changes.  For
example, to learn of changes to file 9495TSCH MAINE, send this command
to [log in to unmask]: FUI ADD 9495TSCH MAINE

For more information, send the command HELP to [log in to unmask]