Sender:
From:
"Mark E. Gibbons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 1994 10:56:49 EDT

I only remember bits and pieces, I know the offical line was to reduce
travel costs - but I remember a stir caused by an off-the-cuff comment
from (as I remember it) a coach of AD from Mich. to the effect that
they would have a better chance of getting an automatic bid in the CCHA
then they stood if they stayed in the WCHA.  Does anybody have verification
on that?  I could be wrong, or it could have been his idea of a joke, or
it could have be Scud Hartman made the whole thing up - at the time I
only had access to WCHA town papers.

More interesting, to me, is the fact that they claimed to be starting
a league that was "less powerful" then what was then the big 2.  I
don't recall a coach ever admitting something like that.  It also seems
they have done a fairly decent job of "moving up" 8-{>

meg

We are not all passengers on planet earth.  We are crewmembers & if
we don't all start doing a better job of it we may crash & burn!