Sender:
From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 10:30:49 -0400
In other soccer leagues, they have a unique way to
determine the champ. If the title game is tied after
regulation, play some OT (usually not sudden death).
If the game is still tied after OT, then they

    start over and play another game

a couple of days later.

Yes, this has actually happenend. I recall watching
a game on TV at Wembly stadium in England. I never
did see the second game......

Anyway, this sounds OK for soccer, since they don't
have many substitutes. For hockey, with its frequent
line changes, frequent stoppages, and required breaks
to redo the ice, I think just playing until someone
scores is still the best way to go.

Keith