Sender:
From:
"Mark E. Gibbons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jul 1994 09:30:38 EDT
Yeah, I thought it was funny to hear all the whining about the WC ending
penelty shots - not much was said about the Gold Medal game in ice hockey.

The only fair way to decide these things is to have the teams play until
somebody can score (although I hate sudden death in American footbal as
it is creates artifical play like a shoot out does).  As an alternative
I have seen tournements that start with an OT then play 4-on4 then 3-on-3
This should, in theory, help the better skating team & I would object less
to giving this a try.

But lets face it.  We all hope for the day hockey gets real TV exposure
& given that TV wants a predictable end time & easy to follow drama they
will dangle the check only if they have input on the rules.  Heck, if our
attention spans get much shorter TV may give us all shootouts & no game!

. . . now . . . what was I talking about . . .? 8-{ )

,me

cogito ergo remunerare
(i think therfore i am paid)