Date:
Thu, 29 Jun 1995 21:34:37 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>, LBD
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What exactly is the criteria for inviting players to the Olympic
> Festival?  It seems that except for BU and BC and scattered other schools,
> Hockey East and the ECAC are pretty underrepresented.  There's only one
> player from Clarkson, ECAC Champs, none from RPI, ECAC Tournament Champs,
> and none from Brown, Ivy Champs.  Just seems kind of strange to me, but I
> don't know much about the selection process for this.

Sorry for responding to my own note, but it was pointed out to me that
this note may have sounded like I was complaining of favoritism, and I am
truly sorry if it does.  Even though I knew this, I completely forgot
about the fact that there are so many Canadians on many ECAC/HE teams,
which, of course, really restricts the number of players eligible for the
Festival.  That in mind, I stand corrected.  Sorry for any irritation I
may have caused.

--LBD