From:
Brian Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1993 11:57:35 EST

>        WEST                               EAST
>     1. Michigan                        1. Maine
>     2. Miami                           2. Boston Univ
>     3. Minn-Duluth                     3. Harvard
>     4. Lake Superior                   4. Clarkson
>     5. RPI/UNH                         5. Wisconsin
>     6. Minnesota                       6. Michigan State

>Maybe my memory is bad, but I thought that W1, W4, W6, E2, E3, and E6 played
>in the West regional last year and E1, E4, E6, W2, W3, W5 played in the East.
>Using your example, we'd have Maine, Clarkson, RPI, Miami, Minn-Duluth, and
>MSU in the East and Michigan, LSSU, Wisconsin, BU, Harvard, and Minn in the
>West.

While Paul's comments have been corrected by subsequent postings concerning
last year, why is the NC$$ locked into that format (flipping the 5's and 6's)
for this year?  As we all know, the NC$$ is consistently inconsistent, guided
by its quest for revenues :-C!

From an  attendance perspective Paul's scenario maximizes potential.  Assuming
RPI is in, (and if they lose to Clarkson, and then the consolation that would
indeed be tenuous) one does NOT want to move the Engineers out West.  RPI has a
fairly big contingent of the faithful who would be expected to travel to
Worcester.  Harvard probably wouldn't bring as large a contingent, although BU
would probably fill some empty seats.  Conversely, moving  Minnesota-Duluth
and MSU out probably wouldn't detract from the attendance at the Joe,  assuming
Michigan would bring a large contingent and the Cheeseheads and Gophers bring
their customary caravan of buses.  The East needs to avoid a repeat of last
year's intimacy at Providence, and I would think that keeping RPI at Worcester
would be a major consideration for the NC$$.

                 _
         "NYS   // Hockey"            Red Raiders-1993 ECAC Champion-
  Go RPI-Win in//   Brian Morris         Teams That Begin With the
  Lake Placid //      Albany, NY                  Letter "C"
       ______// [log in to unmask] located in the *C*henango Valley
      (______/

****Help pay for the Knick!  Move the ECAC's and NC$$'s to Albany in '94!****