From:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Hatfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Mar 1993 14:16:45 CST
        PERFECT!!
That's the best word to describe the treat hockey fan are in for in St. Paul
this week.  NMU and MTU on Thursday promises to be a donnybrook I think I'm
really going to enjoy.  I've never seen these two play each other but I've
heard about it.
Minnesota versus Wisconsin:  Need I say anything?  As usual, there will be
a large and vocal RED contigent in the stands.  The fans will go at it and
so will the players.  Typically, 10-12 badgers are Minnesota High School
products and played with or against Gopher players in High School.  There is
always a burning desire by both teams to show the other up.  The result is
a great intense hockey game which I even enjoy when the Gophers lose.(Save one
7-1 blowout in 1990).

        The Bulldogs remain the best I've seen this year but all five teams
are playing well right now.  I really think that every game this weekend will
be a great match-up and fun to watch.  I don't expect any blowouts and I do
expect at least one OT game.(But I hope for my heart's sake it doesn't involve
the Gophers).  As a hockey fan, my sentiment is, "This is gonna be great!"
If any of you hockey-l'ers would like to stop by and chat, I'll be in
section 222 row G seat 4 wearing a gopher hockey cap.

"RAH RAH SKI U MAH RAH RAH RAH!!"

                                Gary Hatfield
)