Date:
Tue, 8 Dec 1992 17:01:55 -0500
> Obviously most ECAC teams shy away from match-ups
with the Western teams...

It isn't obvious to me at all. I would think that, given the limited
exposure of the ECAC caused by its 8 NC (4 for Ivy) game limit, the
better teams would try to schedule as many NC quality opponents as
possible. After all, there's everything to gain when trying to
overcome the myth of western/HE superiority.

Still, Cornell for example NEVER seems to play the WCHA. I don't know
why, and I welcome any ideas or insider knowledge. I for one would love
to see the Big Red set up home-and-home series with teams like
Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, and Lake Superior State. I'd assume
that AD Laing Kennedy would grab any chance he could get to raise the
team's flat US recruiting profile. The team will be competing out in
Minnesota in January, 1994, and I hope this is a sign of things to
come.

Greg
Somerville
Let's Go Red!

p.s. In the latest THN, Parris Duffus has dropped off the face of the
Earth: he's not on the Peoria or St. Louis rosters, and he's not
mentioned in any transaction. What happened? (And if you tell me
they've given up on him already (.829 Save Pct), I'll think about our
current defense and get very, very depressed.)

p.p.s. Re: the Super-team. It figures: finally, we don't have any
players good enough to make the Olympics, and now everybody's program
will be safe, anyway.