From:
Bri Farenell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 1995 10:12:34 -0400
Tons of credit to BU. They played, if not a perfect game,
reasonably close. IMO, though, their special teams were
the difference. Their shorthanded unit totally shut down Maine
(and I think even scored an SHG) while their power play unit
scored once (perhaps twice?). Before their first goal, Maine
was playing tired; maybe they weren't but they were playing it.
They seemed to be skating in slow motion on their offensive
rushes until the first goal.

After  much maligning, I have to give ESPN credit. I think
their presentation of the final was pretty well done (the
interview w/Hobey Holzinger had to have been Lane Macdonald's
first appearance as a tv interviewer; either way, he was
exceptionally nervous). My only criticism was the fact that
they didn't show the presentation of the championship plaque
(as they have in the past). But all in all, I think they
did a good job. Give the devils their due.

Congrats to both BU and Maine.

BRI

--
Bri Farenell                  Hey parents: the kids' sports belong to the kids.
[log in to unmask]     WWW: http://fire.camp.clarkson.edu/~farenebt