From:
"Garrett R. Lanzy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Garrett R. Lanzy
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 1995 23:26:00 EST
Jimmy Page is GOD <[log in to unmask]> writes:

>       Why is a rinky-dink paper like the Troy Record used for
>       national college hockey ranking ??? I don't get it.
>
>                       Just curious,
>                       Bryce.

For the same reason that WMPL radio in Hancock, MI (probably the most
rinky-dink radio station I've ever listened to :-) does a national
college hockey ranking:  Because someone there is willing to go
through the effort to do it.

Seriously, I haven't seen the New York Times or the Washington Post
express large amounts of interest in college hockey.  Most of the
press coverage is due to media in places where college hockey is
popular -- and the majority of Division 1 teams are not located in
big cities.

- Garrett Lanzy (Michigan Tech '84, Go Huskies -- beat dem Gophers!)

P.S.  For those who don't know, WMPL's sister station (WZRK) broadcasts
Michigan Tech hockey games... thus the affiliation with college hockey.