From:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Singer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 1994 13:22:52 -0400
Jim Carey, who was a goalie for the University of Wisconsin last year
played his first game for the Washington Capitals last Friday night
against the Toronto Maple Leafs in Hamilton, Ontario.  Byron Dafoe played
the first two periods and gave up 3 goals. Carey played the third period,
facing 8 shots and giving up 1 goal.  The Maple Leafs won 3-1.

According to what I've read in the Washington Post and Washington Times
and heard on the radio it looks as if Carey will probably play for the
Portland Pirates.  However, according to an article in the Washington
Times, Carey was impressive enough to earn a second look.  Coach Jim
Schoenfeld said, "We started taking chances in the third period, but he
looked very calm, very sure of himself.  He was great.  He'll certainly
get a second look."

Carol