From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 11:01:21 CDT
>With other new arenas and renovations in HE perhaps BU thinks a new arena is
>necessary in order to remain competitive recruiting-wise.

BU needs a new rink to remain competitive with the rest of the *country*, let alone
Hockey East. New rinks are going/have gone up at Minnesota and CC, while LSSU and
Wisconsin are expanding and/or remodeling their rinks.

My concern for any new rink is that they don't lose any noise advantage the old rink
once carried. MSU's Munn Arena consistently holds capacity crowds of 6000-plus,
but sounds like 2500. Brown holds 3600-ish, yet usually sounds like 5000.

Greg