Sender:
From:
Greg Sorenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 May 1994 08:37:28 CDT
Tony Biscardi writes:

>Maine recruited mostly in Canada.  It could be that there was just not as much
>talent graduating from EMass this year, or the recent scandals have hurt Maine
>in the region, or some combo of both.
(snip)
>There is a pool of talent in Mass that Lowell is recruiting from that I know
>nothing about.

Here's some background on some of the programs mentioned. Unfortunately, I can't claim to
have seen ANY of the players mentioned. The Kenosha Komets aren't known as a great pool of
talent.

Maine got a recruit out of Penticton of the BCJHL, home of Brendan Morrison (Michigan) and
some kid named Kariya you may have heard of. Not a bad legacy, if Bosquet can live up to it.

Lowell grabbed a kid from the Wexford Raider program. Wexford, in the Toronto area, is a
strong major-B program which has been strongly associated with MSU in recent years. At
least six Wexford alums played for the Spartans in the last three-four years (Mike Ware,
Steve Norton, Michael Burkett and the incredible line of Steve Guolla-Anson Carter-Kelly
Harper).

More unnecessary background: the Dubuque Fighting Saints, from which UNH's Mowers
comes, is a USHL team. Spreading the hockey gospel to those poor souls in Iowa.

That's all I know, and I'll admit it ain't much...