From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 29 Apr 1994 15:19:03 EDT
> From:         "TERRENCE GILDRED 4XW 271-6782 (NICK)"
> Subject:      Yump I placed Emma on BU and it should have been BC

> [snip]

> Most people I've talked to hate Parker (or hold his actions in that game
> against him) more so then ill
> feeling toward BU, or the BU players.

> Regards,
>        Nick

With no disrespect meant to the BU faithful, the reason I've always
disliked Jack Parker is that he always seems to have the refs in his
pocket.  The cheer "Hockey East is fixed!!  Hockey Easy is fixed!!" is
quite frequently heard when BU gets a questionable call in its favor at a
crucial point in a game.  It almost seems to me that some refs are
intimidated by him - sort of like Don Shula in the NFL.

A close friend of mine who is also a college hockey fanatic is a big
Harvard fan (he's also a Harvard alum).  His freshman year he got front
row tickets to The Beanpot against BU.  Needless to say, he was quite
pumped to see the game.  Turns out, his front row seats were right behind
the BU bench and he couldnt see the game - spent the whole 60 minutes
looking at the back of Jackie Parker's head!  To this day he can't stand
the man!

At least my reasoning's a bit more rationale, no?

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Univ. of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988    (Go River Hawks????)
[log in to unmask]                          Is is October yet??????