From:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Erik Biever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 22:05:18 -0500
Dave Hendrickson writes:

>My bizzare sense of humor *forced* me to make slight modifications to the
>Gopher Awards posted yesterday by Pam Sweeney.  In its new form it reads as
>a parody of the worst Minnesota journalists that the Gopher Woof Team
>referred to.  I hope I neither offend nor bore anyone, and a chuckle or two
>(or even a grin) is my goal.

Here is a list of the award recipients:

  Dr. V.G. Nagobads Cup - Unsung Hero
      Tony Bianchi, Bloomington, Minnesota, Jefferson High School

  Mike Crupi Award - Most Determined Player
      Justin McHugh, Minnetonka, Minnesota, Minnetonka High School

  Frank Pond Trophy - Rookie of the Year
      Brain LaFleur, Bloomington, Minnesota, Jefferson High School

  John Mayasich Trophy - Outstanding Student/Athlete
      Dan Trebil, Bloomington, Minnesota, Jefferson High School

  Elwin "Doc" Romnes Award - Leadership and Sportsmanship
      Eric Means, Rochester, Minnesota, John Marshall High School

  John Mariucci Trophy - Most Valuable Player
      Chris McAlpine, Roseville, Minnesota, Roseville High School

The purpose of the awards is to honor these players for their contributions
to University of Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey.  I am proud that they are
my fellow Minnesotans.  If anyone wants to explain to me why I should feel
otherwise, they may address me off the list.

Erik Biever

Minnesota Golden Gophers
1994 WCHA Playoff Champions
1994 NCAA Semifinalists