From:
Steve Weisfeldt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 1994 10:14:45 EDT
From:         "jamie T. Gallagher" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:      college hockey mag

Does anyone have information on a college hockey puplication (I believe it
is
a weekly maybe a monthly) out of Peabody, MA.  I am unsure of the title
but I
saw an add for it on NESN when I was in Vermont recently.

Jamie T. Gallagher
Vermont alum and hockey fan starving for hockey news in North Carolina

Jamie -

I believe the magazine that you're refering to is College Hockey Monthly.
 (Published by Trask Publishing, I believe). I subscribed to it a couple
of years ago and found it to be excellent.  Great articles and color
photos, along with pretty extensive stats.  Only trouble was was that it
was a monthly, so data was often old.

My information may not be entirely accurate, but I believe right before
this past season the company that published CHM was bought by another who
decided not to publish it this past season.  I was a little angry since I
really enjoyed the magazine.  I spent time in search of a replacement and
ending up subscribing to a weekly tabloid out the mid-west some place.  (I
think it was called College Hockey Journal).  After a couple of weeks, I
got a letter from the CHM people saying that they were going to take the
initiative to try and publish their magazine on their own and would I like
to re-subscribe?  I had already subscribed to other so I didn't, however I
plan to next year if they re-publish it.  I've got the specific name and
addresses at home - if anyone is interested, let me know.

The "replacement" tabloid I subscribed to was quite good.  Pretty good
articles, and excellent stats and, most importantlly, it was a weekly that
seemed to get to my door just in time for each weekend.   Trouble is, it
went under and my subscription was transfered to another tabloid out the
mid-west called "Drop The Puck". I haven't been entirely pleased with this
one, mainly because I always seem to get it 2 weeks too late.  It does
have decent articles, though, and has game summaries and rosters with
up-to-date scoring for all the D1 teams.

Does anyone know of any other good publications for college hockey?  Alot
of the problem with the College Hockey Journal and College Hockey Monthly
has been too small a distribution list, so maybe if we can all subscribe
to some of these publications, we can help them make a profit and help
them push our sport.

   - Steve

Steve Weisfeldt                                   Go Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
University of Lowell (now UMASS-Lowell)  1986, 1988
[log in to unmask]                          Is it October yet??