From:
"John H. Hughes" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John H. Hughes
Date:
Fri, 1 Apr 1994 11:05:09 -0800
Tracy Norris writes:
> And as far as
> the broadcast on Prime last night I found the announcer with the Boston
> accent quite annoying too (I think this was the same guy someone referred
> to earlier).

He made a big issue of the second Laker goal being the result of an 'illegal
pick play'.  They showed the play several times from various angles, and I
didn't see any intentional pick play.  I thought that the collison due to the
two Harvard defensemen focusing on their checks, while the Laker forwards
crisscrossed.  The three players each had their heads turned when the
collision occurred.

I also got tired of his "and so-and-so went to the where-ever prep school,
coached by somebody-you-never-heard-of".  Just tell us the home towns and skip
the scouting reports.

-John Hughes
Santa Clara, CA