Sender:
From:
Bob Gilreath <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1993 12:19:11 -0400
> Here's the annual WCHA coaches' poll, with the related article from the
> Minnesota Daily.  The St. Paul Pioneer Press noted that the poll has
> correctly predicted the WCHA champion 6 out of the last 22 years.

   Only 6 out of 22 eh!  if I were Wisconsin  I wouldn't like those odds eric!
     Seems now that Jim Storm has gone to the Olympic team, the coaches don't
      agree with the other ceramic dalmations that had tech ranked 2nd before
      they knew storm made the OLympic team (by the way Storm is doing well)

>    1. Wisconsin (9)      144
>    2. Minnesota (1)      116
>    3. Northern Michigan  112
>    4. Denver              96
>    5. Michigan Tech       86
>    6. Minnesota-Duluth    58
>    7. North Dakota        47
>    8. Colorado College    38
>    9. St Cloud            19
>   10. Alaska-Anchorage    10

> The coaches voted Michigan Tech goalie Jamie Ram the overwhelming
> favorite for preseason league MVP. Minnesota will see Ram and the
> Huskies firsthand Friday when they host the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame
> Game at Mariucci Arena.

Once again a god reason for MTU's success will be its strong line of goaltending it has had recently.  Look for Jamie to have a greeat year!

Bob