From:
Heather Herbig <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Heather Herbig <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 1994 19:00:54 -0500
someone asked what happened to bu's women's team in the beanpot...i was
on the team last year  (classes are psycho this year, so i can't play).
we were s'posed to play last year, from what i understood, and had what
i guess could be considered "organizational" problems...we changed coaches
during the year, etc.   plus, considering we were (and they still are) a club
team open to anyone, there were a lot of us who just didn't possess the skills
to be that competitive a team...including myself -- a freshman from georgia
who had been on the ice maybe 4 times before coming to school up here --
to be perfectly honest, by the 2nd semester we had problems getting people
to consistently show up for practice...so we bowed out and brown took our spot.

that was last year...at least according to the reasoning given to me by the
captain/coaches/senior players.  unfortunately i donno about this year.
regardless, i loved playing on the team, and we were reasonably improved
by the end of the season...blah, blah, blah...sorry if that wasn't much
help!

                Heather
                BU ENG '96 (with any luck)