From:
The Next Gretzky <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Next Gretzky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Jan 1994 12:05:45 -0800
Greg writes:

>The Lynah ushers are in general invisible (which is good).
>..
>In general, though, Lynah staff is fine.

This was absolutely true for my four years at Lynah ('86-'90).
We frequently crammed many more people into our row/section than
were supposed to be there.  No one seemed to mind.  Ushers rarely
checked for tickets.

The only problems came in '89-'90 when the powers that be decided to
try to eliminate foul language in student cheers.  They would actually
send ushers or campus security officers down the aisles looking for
offenders, and they occasionally threw a a couple of people out.
(They never caught me.)  But ushers stay out of the way unless they
absolutely have to do something.  We never got thrown out of the rink,
even though we committed offenses ranging from foul language to
throwing objects onto the ice (never during play, of course! just the
occasional dead fish for the Harvard game, and the rare seives for the
opposing goalie).  We even climbed the glass and swarmed onto the
ice (with hundreds of other fans) after defeating Harvard in the
ECAC playoffs.

Jeff
Cornell '90
Let's Go Red!