From:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Biscardi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 1996 00:36:56 -0400
Paul wrote:

> The absolute longest trip any of the Hockey East teams has to make is
> about 3 hours (Maine to Providence). Five of the nine teams are within 30
> minutes of each other ... and 3 of those are less than ten minutes apart.

Just to correct, for those who may be suddenly considering making the
trips...

Boston to Bangor at apx 65 MPH is apx 4 1/2 hours.  (It can be 5 if
you hit traffic leaving the city.)

And anyone who may be coming from Maine should count on traffic at
the infamous "merge" where rt. 93 and 1 jam together into just 3
lanes as you enter Boston from the north.

Boston to Providence is apx 1 hour *IF* the Southeast expressway is
moving.  It can be 2 1/2 hours if there is a snow storm.

Just thought I'd give more specific travel times so that no rookie
travellers leave too little time and wind up showing up late.

Yes, we are *extremely* spoiled, especially since I *walk* to road
games at Northeastern and take the trolly to BC or the subway to
Harvard.  ahhh...   :-)

Tony

PS - Could any Clarkson or SLU fans who know the travel time to
Boston please EMail me privately.  I'd also like directions if
possible and any reccomendations on where to stay in that area
(any HoJo's or Holiday Inns, etc.???)