Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 1995 11:35:26 -0500
Hi all-
I doubt many of you watch the show "George Michael's Sports Machine"
on NBC Sunday nights, and I don't blame you... he's a sportscaster
from DC, and being from DC (and having met the guy) I really can't
stand the show.  Compared to E$PN's $portsCenter, the show is just
plain obsolete, and sometimes obnoxiously so.  But last night I happened
to channel-surf by at the right moment, and his "Play of the Week"
was BU winning the national title.  He acknowledged that he was a
week late, so maybe he didn't do a show last week or something, but
it was really nice to see college hockey get some airtime in a forum
which usually just caters to the big-market sports.

I doubt that's enough to get me to watch his show in the future,
but I do want to give him his "props"...

Also:  the Shrine E-W game was shown in the Chicago area on tape-delay
on SportsChannel late last night.  They were replaying it again this
morning starting around 9am, so there's a chance it'll pop up again
this afternoon if anyone's interested.

-JB