From:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jayson Moy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Mar 1994 16:38:36 GMT
Here are the matchups for the playoffs:

Tuesday March 8

 9 Princeton    @       8 Cornell
10 St. Lawrence @       7 Colgate

Friday-Sunday
Lowest Remaining Seed   @       1 Harvard
2nd Lowest Seed         @       2 Clarkson
 6 Union                @       3 RPI
 5 Vermont              @       4 Brown

First team to 3 points wins the quarterfinal round and advances to Lake PLacid.

1) Colgate had a chance to finish Top 4 coming into this weekend, but can not
get anything done. Shocked by Union 7-6, and then an OT loss to RPI 5-4
puts the Raiders into 7th, so that they plpay on Tues. Ouch!

2) Union rattles off 9 unbeaten to end the season and create the Capital
District Showdown. Oh boy!

3) Brown has faded this year. Unlike last year when they finished the season
strong, they finished poorly this year with only a win against RPI to cap
it out. Brown is ripe for being knocked off in the playoffs.

4) Harvard has shown vulnerability in the last 2 weeks against RPI, Union,
Clarkson, and St. Lawrence. Is this possibly the beginning of Harvard's
annual fade?

5) RPI finishes the season with it's first home sweep of the season and could
be in good position as they always play Union tough. They finish 3rd but
could be putting things together.

6) St. Lawrence is a team that might be a problem. Watch out Colgate, adn then
watch out Harvard. This #10 team could be like RPI was 2 years ago.

7) Vermont is a team to watch as well. Great second half this year and Tim
THomas is hot. There was nothing they could do to finish in the Top 4
as they just kept winning, but the margin was to great to take out.

8) Clarkson just quietly gets it done. They did not make waves again this
year, and they turned it around to finish 2nd this year. Watch out as
Clarkson is peaking at the right time, just lilke last year.

9) Cornell gets pounded to finish in 8th place. Only saving grace for them
is that they get to host a playoff game. Cornell could use the experience
though.

10) Princeton. The team no one really hears much about, but could quietly
surprise. They get Cornell in ROund 1, and have a shot.

11) Same 4 teams that finished last year in the Top 4 are there again
except that Clarkson and RPI have swqitched places.

12) Colgate is in it's 3rd consecutive playdown round appearance after
going to the NCAA Championship.

13) Union is in for the first time, and get RPI.

I can't wait to see how things shake out, and I am so looking forward to
this RPI-Union series (I would be foolish to say that I would love to
see a pounding of the Dutchmen). I'll post my preview later this week.

*  Jayson Moy RPI '89 '93       * One of the Voices of Rensselaer Engineer    *
*  [log in to unmask]                 * Hockey, Baseball, Football, and Basketball  *
*  The "J Man"                  * on Crystal Clear FM Radio, 91.5FM WRPI, Troy*