From:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Machnik <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 1994 14:36:05 -0500
There was info on this in the Globe today.  The skating exhibition
with Kerrigan, Wylie, and possibly Hamilton will take place at 8 pm
Fri Feb 4 and it will be taped for a showing on CBS the next day.  NU
apparently jumped at the chance to promote itself on national tv, as
well as to rake in $35/ticket for a probable near sellout crowd of
5-6000 (as opposed to $2-5 a ticket for 1200 hockey fans).

So we will wait to see when the hockey game is rescheduled.  Kap has a
good point - NU could reschedule it for Sat 2/12 as they are at PC
that Friday - but that will probably depend on 1) whether there's a
hoop game that day, and 2) whether or not NU makes the Beanpot final
(2/14), which won't be decided until 2/7.

It did not sound like NU coach Ben Smith was too pleased about the
last minute change.  It definitely throws things off and now they'll
probably go into the Beanpot with a little more rest than Ben would
like.

Playing at another rink is always an option (Harvard & BC are not at
home that night), but I think Ben would be reluctant to give up one of
the biggest home ice advantages in college hockey.  They could also
switch the game to Providence and play the PC@NU game the next Friday,
when the teams are scheduled to meet in Providence.  But we're not
even taking into account the rest of the schedule for both rinks, too.
Either way, it sounds like this will be causing both the PC and NU
teams a lot of hassle.
Mike Machnik                                          [log in to unmask]
Cabletron Systems, Inc.                                  *HMM* 11/13/93
<<<<<< Color Voice of the (9-12-2) Merrimack Warriors WCCM 800 AM >>>>>