From:
Charlie Shub <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 1994 10:52:34 MST
*********************************
* ORIGINALLY sent monday evening.
* WTS suggested resending...

> From: "Michael C. Machnik" <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Harvard beats Maine, 7-6
> To: Multiple recipients of list HOCKEY-L
>
> ... by the end we were both rooting heavily for Maine to come back
> and win - because of the Harvard radio announcers.  If you have a
> chance, tune these guys in just for the experience.  You haven't heard
> "homer" broadcasting until you've heard a Harvard game.

they absolutely can't be any worse than the chicago blackhawk
announcers on sportschannel...

> [ many instances of malannounceisms deleted ]
>
> ... but according to WHRB, this was the worst-officiated
> game they'd ever seen and they made sure to berate the officials
> whenever possible.
>
> I have a lot of trouble believing that this game was called as poorly as
> it sounded.  I honestly can't recall a single penalty called against
> Harvard that the announcers conceded should have been called.
>
> At any rate, it sure was entertaining.  And it sounded like the game
> was, too.  Unfortunately, I think these guys missed it...

gee, when i hear about the worst officiated game in the world, i have
this mental image of
        buzzy christianson and ned bunyan teaming up with pierre,
but can't (for the life of me) figure out which one would be the
linesman.   (smiley smiley smiley)

charlie shub
[log in to unmask]  -or-  cdash@colospgs (BITNET)
(719) 593 3492               (fax) 593-3369