From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 1994 13:30:33 EST
Adam Bryant said:
>I haven't seen this posted, so...  From today's (1/3/94) Boston Globe.
>
>World Junior Championships
>--------------------------
>
> Final Round Robin Standings
I just wanted to make clear that these are NOT the final round robin
standings. AP got it wrong. The Canada-Sweden game is the gold-medal game
only because the standings turned out that way, not because a "gold-medal
game" was set up. If Sweden had gone 0-6-0, they still would be playing
Canada tomorrow. The same with Russia-Finland. That game would have been
played regardless of the standings. It just happens to be for the Bronze
medal. It could just as easily have been for fifth place, or mean nothing.

BTW, I'm not faulting Adam, I assume AP got it wrong, because it was wrong
in my paper as well.

Ryan Sittler was injured in the US's first game, and will be out for 6-8
weeks. Jason Botteril is having a good tournament for Canada. Former BGSU
goalie Aaron Ellis is playing for the US team. I can't think of any other
collegians who have stood out, but perhaps I'm not watching closely enough. :)

GO CANADA GO!!!!

John

--
John C.K. Edwards                 I'M HOME!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-)
Poli Sci/Law III      GO CATS GO!!! (10-26-1)  TOUCHDOWN SEAHAWKS!!!!! (6-9)