From:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keith Instone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Oct 1993 08:48:07 EDT
>> CHJ All-America Team:             (note * This is an "All-American Team")

This team, like the poll, was selected by the WRITERS.

>I don't mean to knit-pick, but if this magazine professes to follow college
>hockey and inform us, shouldn't they have been following it for a few years
>and maybe even be knowledgeable about the specifics of College Hockey?

John posted the list of writers. IMHO, they are some of the best. Matt Carlson
writes for THN. The venerable Virg Foss. Randy Setter covers BG for them. He
is a student, but at least he already covers every game for his paper. The editor
has covered Fairbanks hockey for years.

Considering who wrote for the previous college hockey weekly paper (me, a rank
amateur), I'd say these people are great.

>P.S. - If anyone has read it, please do tell me how it is.  I am going to
>keep an open mind, I am just off to a skeptical start.

The first issue was simply excellent! But they had all summer to do it. I am
waiting to see what they can do for isuue #2.

Keith