From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 1993 09:33:00 PDT
There was a short note in yesterday's DETROIT NEWS regarding female
goaltenders Erin Whitten and Manon Rheaume.  In it, Whitten was quoted as
saying, "I heard even before I came here that I should play in the East
Coast league so that Manon and I could play against each other.  I hope it
does happen.  I think it would make for an interesting game.  We'd get a lot
of attention -- two women playing against each other.  It would be
interesting to see how she plays.  I've never seen her play."

I recall a post from H-L this summer detailing a women's international
contest (from a few year back?) that featured Rheaume and Whitten as
opposing netminders.  What gives?

  John H
  U Mich