From:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Carroll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Oct 1993 10:23:56 EDT
I tried to raise this question last season but didn't really
get an answer. Why does college hockey need the NC$$? It seems
that they do zip to support or build the sport. They constantly
favor football and basketball. They apply rules inconsistently
and to the detriment of hockey, never football or basketball.
Why do we need them? Why can't all the current Div.I hockey
schools just form their own governing body and tell the NC$$
to go to blazes - stay out of our sport? The conference
organizations are probably most of what we'd need anyway.
Now I know Michigan and a few other schools may be under the
evil power because they have major football and basketball
programs, but frankly as a BU grad, I couldn't care less if
they abolished those teams at BU.
Could someone knowledgeable of the laws, politics, etc. of this
(Mike, Wayne, Keith, ???) comment of this?
I usually make an alumni contribution to BU, and I'd sure support
a movement to make such donations contingent upon stuffing that
damn NC$$. How about it?
    Dave Carroll, BU '73       * Hey, NC$$, free Cal now!
    [log in to unmask]    * Hey hockey schools, dump NC$$ now!