From:
"Ralph N. Baer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ralph N. Baer
Date:
Tue, 5 Oct 1993 06:17:39 -0400
I was looking through the news on Hockey-L this morning and noticed in
Pam's article about the Minnesota roster that one of the freshmen is

> 12/Brian LaFleur            Fr.                    Bloomington Jefferson

RPI had a hockey player with the same name (class of '73), and in
addition, he also wore #12.  RPI's Brian LaFleur, however, was Canadian
(from Sault Ste. Marie) and was a wing, not a defenseman.  I think that
he was the captain his senior year.  I have seen over the years that
many Canadian college hockey players do settle in the states so RPI's
LaFleur could have moved to Bloomington.   Anyway, does anyone happen
to know if Minnesota's Brian LaFleur is a son of RPI's Brian LaFleur?
Just curious.

By the way, RPI's LaFleur was not related to Guy LaFleur.

Ralph Baer    RPI '68, '70, '74