From:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Haeussler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1993 12:10:00 PDT
>... I consoled myself with the fact that the college game I love was (so
far) unsullied >by this aspect of Madison Avenue intrusion into sports.
 Inasmuch as all this >advertising made it harder for *the fans* to pick up
the puck at times...
>                                      Cheers from the Chesapeake - Jim

Unfortunately, advertising is a big part of college hockey.  I won't go into
the various influences in Ann Arbor...but I will say that there are college
arenas with advertising on the boards (LSSU immediately jumps to mind).
 Yes, this is an infraction of NC$$ rules.  No, the rule is not enforced.

     John Haeussler
     Univ of Mich