Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1993 14:04:33 -0400
>Basically, I find the playing of (the) National Anthem(s) before sporting
>events just plain dumb.  I can find many ways to show respect to my country
>and its flag without having to attend a sporting event.  What, pray tell, is
>the relationship between college sports and national pride?  Better to forget
>the anthems and just play hockey.  Just an opinion, of course.  I don't expect
>to find anybody who agrees.

All right folks, that's really enough about anthems... I'm tired of my
mailbox filling up with "Oh, yeah, my school plays 'em both, too..."
messages.  Correct me if I'm wrong, Arthur (I think you'd know), but I
believe that the ECAC rules contain a provision that the Canadian and
American national anthems will be played before every conference game.  Am
I right?

Jeffrey