From:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Lock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 1993 12:41:43 EDT
Both American and Canadian anthems are sung acappella at SLU home games
by Sharon Flanagan - an SLU alum and wife of asst. coach Paul Flanagan.

In a related story, a few years ago my 3 year old requested I sing
"the hockey song" as his bedtime song.   I thought he might mean
"As the Saints Go Marching In ...", but he said, "No, Dad.  The one
all the players sing when they stop play."  You guessed it - "THE hockey
song" is still his request each night (now at 6 years old).

As long as we're on cute kid hockey stories (how's that for an off-season
thread - Argh!) - A few years ago we took the kids on a trip to Boston and
were taking the train in to the Aquarium and passed the stop for Harvard.
"Do you guys know what Harvard is?" "Sure - they're a hockey team!"

Robin Lock