Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1993 19:00:27 EST

> Tom Fischer wrote ------------
> I've heard a rumor that the Harvard equipment manager forgot to bring
> the teams sticks to Dartmouth, which may have been a factor in the game.
> ----------------- end of quote
>
> Well... I've got to respond. Harvard certainly had sticks at the game and
> appeared to have as many sticks as most teams have. Correct me if I'm, wrong,
> but it seems likely that the players have more control over the game than the
> sticks. Dartmouth deserves some credit here! I know this might be hard to
> believe, but the 4-3 game truly reflected the play. It was a pretty even game
> and Dartmouth, once again, eked out a one goal victory. In other words,
> Dartmouth earned a win against Harvard by playing good solid hockey.
>
> Bob Gross

The equipment managers did forget to bring all of Harvard's sticks.
They had to buy $650 worth of hockey sticks at a local store,
according to Wednesday's Harvard Crimson newspaper. However, the
Harvard team and coach Ronn Tomassoni rejected that as an excuse to
why they lost. Tomassoni and the players all say that it was
Dartmouth's good play combined with Harvard's sloppy play that
accounted for the loss. Tomassoni was extremely upset with the players
after the game, as they had four separate team meetings to talk about
the loss, and he reshuffled the lines for the game against Vermont.

-- Lloyd Hsu